Olga O. FAVOROVA
Head of the Department of Molecular Biology and Medical Biotechnology, Biomedical Faculty,
Chief Researcher at the Research Laboratory of Medical Genomics,
Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University (Moscow, Russia)
DSc (biology), professor
Areas of expertise:
genome, genetics, epigenetics, noncoding RNA, microRNA, transcriptomics, pharmacogenetics, complex diseases, polygenic diseases, genetic predisposition, multiple sclerosis, hypertension, myocardial infarction, ischemic stroke
Special awards and honors:
State Research Scholarship of RAS Presidium for prominent scientists of Russia (1994–1997, 1998–2000, 2000–2003)
The Moscow Grant for education and educational technologies of Moscow City Government and Moscow City Department of Education (2002, 2005)
Certificate of Merit of the Ministry of Health and Social Development of the Russian Federation for dedicated work in healthcare and in celebration of Pirogov State Medical University 100th anniversary (2006)
Award of the International Academic Publishing House Science for the best publication (1999, 2010)
Certificate of Merit of the Russian Foundation for Basic Research to the member of Expert Committee on Bilogy and Medical sciences for lasting support of basic research in Russia (2011)
Moscow City Award in medicine for the development and introduction of personalized pathogenetic therapy of multiple sclerosis into clinical routine in Moscow City (2013)
Science is a hard and sometimes unrewarding occupation. Get into science if you cannot do otherwise. I am glad to have met true scientists on my way.
- Tsareva E, Kulakova O, Boyko A, Favorova O. Pharmacogenetics of multiple sclerosis: personalized therapy with immunomodulatory drugs. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2016 Mar; 26 (3): 103–15.
- Barsova RM, Lvovs D, Titov BV, Matveeva NA, Shakhnovich RM, (...), Favorova OO. Variants of the Coagulation and Inflammation Genes Are Replicably Associated with Myocardial Infarction and Epistatically Interact in Russians. PLoS ONE. 2015; 10 (12): e0144190.
- Kiselev I, Bashinskaya V, Kulakova O, Baulina N, Popova E, Boyko A, Favorova O. Variants of microRNA genes: gender-specific associations with multiple sclerosis risk and severity. Int J Mol Sci. 2015; 16 (8): 20067–81.
- Lill CM, Luessi F, Alcina A, Sokolova EA, (...), Favorova OO, et al. Genome-wide significant association with seven novel multiple sclerosis risk loci. J Med Genet. 2015; 52 (12): 848–55.
- Bashinskaya VV, Kulakova OG, Boyko AN, Favorov AV, Favorova OO. A review of genome-wide association studies for multiple sclerosis: classical and hypothesis-driven approaches. Hum Genet. 2015; 134 (11–12): 1143–62.
- Bashinskaya VV, Kulakova OG, Kiselev IS, Baulina NM, Favorov AV, Boyko AN, Tsareva EYu, Favorova OO. GWAS-identified multiple sclerosis risk loci involved in immune response: validation in Russians. J Neuroimmunol. 2015; 282: 85–91.
- Sokolova EA, Malkova NA, Korobko DS, (…), Favorova OO, et al. Association of SNPs of CD40 gene with multiple sclerosis in Russians. PLoS ONE. 2013; 8 (4): e61032.
- Kulakova O, Tsareva E, Lvovs D, Favorov A, Boyko A, Favorova O. Comparative pharmacogenetics of multiple sclerosis: Interferon-beta versus Glatiramer acetate. Pharmagenomics. 2014; 15 (5): 679–85.
- Kulakova OG, Tsareva EY, Boyko AN, Shchur SG, Gusev EI, Lvovs D, Favorov AV, Vandenbroeck K, Favorova OO. Allelic combinations of immune-response genes as possible composite markers of IFN-β efficacy in multiple sclerosis patients. Pharmagenomics. 2012 Nov; 13 (15): 1689–700.
- Tsareva EY, Kulakova OG, Boyko AN, Shchur SG, Lvovs D, Favorov AV, Gusev EI, Vandenbroeck K, Favorova OO. Allelic combinations of immune-response genes associated with glatiramer acetate treatment response in Russian multiple sclerosis patients. Pharmacogenomics. 2012 Jan; 13 (1): 43–53.