Nikolay L. SHIMANOVSKII
Acting Dean of Biomedical Faculty,
Head of the Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Radiobiology, Biomedical Faculty,
Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University (Moscow, Russia)
Corr. member of RAS, DSc (medicine), professor
Areas of expertise:
pharmacology of contrast agents (iodine, gadolinium- and iron-containing agents), photon activation therapy agents, pharmacology of hormonal drugs (derivatives of steroids), pharmacology of dihydroquercetins; nanotech development of new medications; genetic engineering; pharmacogenomics
Special awards and honors:
Government of the Russian Federation Award
Excellence in Healthcare Award
The most beautiful feeling is a feeling of mystery that lies behind the nature of life.
- Stepanova DS, Chernoff J, Shimanovskiy NL. Search for Chemical Compounds for Pharmacotherapy of Neurofibromatosis Type 2. Pharm Chem J. 2015; 48: 777–82. DOI: 10.1007/s11094-015-1194-z.
- Akopdzhanov AG, Shimanovskii NL, Naumenko VY, Suzdalev IP, Imshennik VK, Maksimov YV, et al. Mössbauer spectroscopy and proton relaxometry study of magnetite nanoparticles designed for preparing diagnostic contrast media. Russian Journal of Physical Chemistry B. 2014; 8 (4) 584–9.
- Shimanovskii NL. Targeted transport of drugs by iron oxide nanoparticles. Russian Journal of General Chemistry. 2014; 84 (2): 391–406.
- Fedotcheva TA, Shimanovskii NL, Kruglov AG, Teplova VV, Fedotcheva NI, Rzheznikov VM. Effect of steroid hormones on production of reactive oxygen species in mitochondria. Biophysics. 2012; 57 (6): 792–5.
- Kulakov VN, Lipengolts AA, Shimanovskii NL. Pharmaceuticals for binary radiotherapy. Russian Journal of General Chemistry. 2013; 83 (12): 2559–64.
- Grinin MG, Shimanovskii NL. [Experimental study of indium-111 labeled octreotide application for radionuclide diagnostics of tumors with high expression of somatostatin receptors]. Eksp Klin Farmakol. 2011; 74 (9): 23–7. In Russian.
- Rogovsky VS, Arzamasova TM, Matyushin AI, Shimanovskii NL, Rosenfeld MA, Konstantinova ML, et al. Effect of an inclusion complex of an aminomethylated dihydroquercetin derivative in cyclodextrin on ozone-induced oxidation of fibrinogen. Pharm Chem J. 2013; 47 (6): 295–8.